Swimming Pool Supplies Home » Pool Chemicals » Water Balancing Pool Chemicals » pH Increaser
Maintain ideal water conditions with swimming pool pH increaser!
PH increaser allows you to quickly and easily correct your pool's water chemistry for improved water conditions.
- Our pool pH increaser contains soda ash or sodium carbonate as its active ingredient.
- Causes a pH increase in pool water, thereby reducing acidity.
- pH increaser keeps pool water properly balanced so sanitizers and other chemicals can work effectively.
- Prevents equipment damage, etching of plaster walls, scaling and staining.
- Prevents eye and skin irritation caused by acidic water.
- Prevents the rapid dissipation of swimming pool chlorine.
- Initial dosage: 1 pound per 10,000 gallons.
- Available in a variety of different quantities.
- Competitively priced.
How Much Do I Need?
PH levels are an indication of how acidic or basic water is. PH is measured on a scale of 0 to 14 and swimming pool water should ideally always have a pH level of 7.2 to 7.6. Maintaining a pH level in this range is extremely important for both you and your swimming pool for a number of different reasons.
When the pH of your pool is less than 7.2, the water will be acidic in nature. This is problematic for swimmers as acidic water can cause eye and skin irritation. Acidic water is also problematic for your swimming pool as it causes rapid chlorine dissipation, stains, equipment damage and etching of plaster pool walls.
Fortunately, all of these problems can easily be avoided by using pH increaser whenever your pool's pH level falls below 7.2.