Replace your filter sand with new eco-friendly FilterGlass!
FilterGlass is able to catch more turbid particles, thereby cleaning water more effectively & efficiently. This may allow pool filters to be operated for fewer hours to achieve desired water clarity, thereby saving energy & equipment life. Moreover, more efficient backwashing wastes less pool water that has already been chemically treated and heated. FilterGlass is available in 50 lb. boxes.
- Crushed filtration glass media requires 20% less media than sand to fill your filter tank
- Glass filtration media cleans better resulting in less energy usage and reduced pump operating costs
- 75% saving on back-wash water versus sand and 50% versus zeolite
Safer to use
- Performs better than sand, studies show 2-5 micron versus 50-100 micron for sand
- Excellent for iron and manganese removal at high flow rates (90 GPM)
- Crushed glass is less likely to block or channel than silica sand
- Coagulants and metal removers are compatible with glass media
- Filters skin cells, blood cells, and 70% of all bacteria such as ecoli
- Recycled crushed glass filter media contains no crystalline silica providing better lung protection when changing media
- Crushed glass grains are smooth, amorphous particles with a higher attrition strength, and they do not permanently trap bacteria in cracks
View Larger Image